Becoming a state titleholder has introduced me to so many new people around the country. I thought I would take this opportunity tell you more about myself with a list of 20 things to help you get to know me better!
20 Things You May Not Know About Me
By Kathryn Kueppers
1. I was 14 years old when I started competing in the Miss America's Outstanding Teen program. My last competition took place on the Miss America stage when I competed for Miss America 2020 at the Mohegan Sun Resort in Connecticut. I will officially pass on my title in June of 2021, serving an additional year as Miss Minnesota due to the covid-19 pandemic.
2. Like a true Minnesotan, I love the snow!❄️Unlike a true Minnesotan, I've never been ice fishing...
3. Far too many of my clothes come from Amazon Prime because I believe in competing affordably!
4. My favorite inspirational quote is “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities, brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”
5. My favorite everyday quote is: “A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” 😎
6. I have a Culinary Arts degree... yet my favorite thing to make myself will always be a tuna melt!
7. I took comedy improv classes to learn a new perspective on public speaking and to get used to thinking on my feet.
8. I have two older brothers, A.J. and Robert, who have always treated me with tender loving care... 😜
9. The “studio” I film all of my videos in is actually my brothers' old bedroom!
10. Taking walks is how I relax and come up with new ideas!
11. The best advice I’ve ever received is that authenticity breeds confidence and comparison is the death of confidence.
12. The Invisible Crown was inspired by women I’ve met and learned from through Miss America.
13. I performed in the Mall of America Rotunda several times. Singing in front of large audiences helped me get over my stage fright and has taught me a lot about performing!
14. When I competed as a teen, my talent was musical theater. It wasn't until I competed as a Miss and fell in love with jazz that I started having greater success and winning talent awards. Authenticity in every phase of competition goes a long way in Miss America!
15. I love singing in coffee houses because I love the homey-vibe and getting a free cup of coffee!
16. I filmed my very first YouTube video, “Saint Paul Spotlight” in January of 2015 about the Red Bull Crashed Ice speed skating competition in St. Paul.
17. Ok I love the snow... But my favorite season is Fall. #fallinlovewithMinnesota
18. I’m a huge foodie and, if I could, I'd eat at a new restaurant every single day to try new foods!
19. In order to graduate Culinary School... I HAD to take wine tasting every Monday for a semester.
20. I have been awarded over $30,000 in educational scholarships through the Miss America Organization since I competed in my first "Miss" competition in July of 2017. 👍🏻